Reporting into the Head Chef, responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Head Chef, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Comprehensive induction and ongoing training to develop your career
Introduce a friend scheme
28 days annual leave